Saturday, June 29, 2013

Angel Crisp Cookies

I still remember the day my mom made the deliciousness that she called Angel Crisps.  It was the best sugar cookie I had ever had.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sugar cookies... actually any cookie at that.  But these little pieces of heaven were just so perfect that I remember thinking I can't wait to be able to teach my daughters how to make them.



Angel Crisps

1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 c. flour

Combine the sugars, shortening, butter and egg. Add in vanilla.



In a separate bowl, combine the salt, soda, cream of tartar and flour.



Slowly add the dry mixture into the sugar/butter mixture until well combined making sure not to over mix.

*Over mixing can result in hard cookies.



Form into balls. Dip one end into water and then into sugar.

*Little helping hands :)


Place onto baking sheet and press down on center of cookie dough.  Bake at 400° for 10 minutes until golden brown.







No comments:

Post a Comment