Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blog Challenge Day Twenty

My Favorite Season

My favorite season is most definitely Winter.  If you've ever lived in Minnesota or know anything about Minnesota weather, then you're probably thinking I'm kinda crazy right now.

Don't get me wrong; I hate the 30 below windchill. But there is something so magical about this time of year. Between the snow and the holidays, there is just so much to enjoy.

I've always loved snow.  Snow days are any kids dream and I looked forward to them every winter when I was a kid.  Now I look forward to them when my kids are in school.  I know I'll love having that extra time with them.

Thanksgiving can be so much fun.  Between the good food and the family, there is so much to be thankful for.  I want to start new traditions with my kids that will make every Thanksgiving special.

Christmas is my all time favorite!  I love to decorate our home, listen to Christmas music, make Christmas treats, and make Christmas cards to share with friends and family.  Everything about Christmas brings such joy to me.  It's just one of those holidays that I can't wait for it to arrive again.

Last but not least... those moments when you're inside your warm home, underneath a blanket with your loved ones, sipping on some hot cocoa and watching a movie.  I love that feeling; that warm, toasty feeling you get when you're cozied up on your couch while the cold winter air whips past your windows.  If I had a fireplace, that would make every winter even more magical.

I hope you enjoyed learning about why I love the winter.  Leave a comment and tell me what your favorite season is and why! :)  Talk to you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment